Thursday, August 23, 2012

TGIF!......?

It has been a LONG week. I'd say I'm happy tomorrow is Friday, but really that doesn't mean much.
Logan fell down the stairs not once, but TWICE, this week.
Monday he fell and was fairly alright. Yesterday he fell again, and wasn't okay. BOTH times he was one step down from the top, and was messing around, and turning around, not holding on and just generally not paying attention. The first time I was close and reached out and grabbed for the neck of his shirt, but my arms are too short and I couldn't grab him. Yesterday I was a couple feet away, and I was just telling him to quit it and pay attention, and I saw it happening, and couldn't get to him in time at all.
And we're not talking like, slid down the stairs on our butt. We're talking steep stairs, 13 steps I think, flipping over, tumbling type fell. Yesterday he landed face first on the floor and was bleeding. I was almost literally having a heart attack (I had a Dr. appt right after, and they noted my blood pressure was pretty elevated). I initially thought it was much worse, and was debating-ER? Call doctor? What do I do?!
My mom and dad decided that I should go ahead and go to my appt. (that I was about to be late for!), and decide what to do when I got back.
Well just my luck (and funny enough I JUST KNEW this was going to happen), I get to the office, and my Dr. isn't there. She's delivering a baby. So long story, my appt. took longer than expected. By the time I finally got home, Logan was doing much better, and the bleeding stopped, and the swelling in his lip had gone down SIGNIFICANTLY. So we re-assessed him, and decided he seems alright. Thank God.

Today Matt and I had Logan's preschool orientation. It went very well. Mrs. Good seems like a great teacher, and I left feeling very informed and much more confident about him starting school on Monday. Granted, I'm still going to cry like a baby once he gets on the bus....
*sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment