Friday, August 24, 2012

Great day!

Today has honestly really been great.
With the exception of me being a zombie for a little while after I woke up, and feeling like I couldn't get my butt up and moving, anyway.

I should start by re-iterating to those that don't know, that we live with my parents. This was a mutually beneficial decision that came about after my emergency C-section in 2009. I had to be out of work and on strict limitations for at least 6 weeks, and my husband couldn't take much time off work. My dad also has a back injury and some other health problems. So I helped out my mom with cooking, cleaning, etc. My husband helps out around the house, with yardwork, etc, things that are painful or difficult for my dad to do.
All in all it's worked out really well. Especially when my mom watched Logan for me when I went back to work, and had to leave for work at 5:30am! No waking kids up and dragging them to a babysitter :-)

Anyway, my mom left today, she's taking care of a relative for 2 weeks. And is it weird if I say I was nervous? Don't get me wrong-they are MY kids, and I primarily take care of them. I'm not some young teen mom leaving her kids with her parents all the time going out and partying. We live in the same household, but that's all. Of course they change a diaper now and then, or make them lunch, the occasional bath. And they babysit sometimes too of course. But it's not like they are my kids caregivers.
But, nevertheless, I've been nervous. Its us 4, my mom, dad, and my 2 brothers currently living here.
I pretty much do all the cooking, dishes, vacuuming. My mom primarily does the laundry though. She does everyone's together, we don't separate or everyone do their own. It'd waste too much water. So I'm stuck with all 7 of us's laundry for 2 weeks. And I don't fold. Not the specific, particular way my mom does. So I'm not even going to bother. Anything I fold that's left when she gets back would drive her OCD self nuts anyway, and she'd re-fold it I'm sure.
Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy, today was good.
I got 2 loads of regular laundry done, and 3 loads that containing Matt and I's bedding (2 comforters, fitted and top sheet, 2 pillow cases). I have a few dishes left to wash, but kept up pretty good all day (our dishwasher is currently broken). Took BOTH kids with me to run some errands, dropping off bills and running into Kohl's to use my Kohl's cash and find a present for a birthday party we are invited to this Sunday. Then Logan was asking for chicken nuggets from Burger King (yes, I let myself and my kids eat fast food sometimes- I don't need a lecture, but thank you for your concern). So we grabbed lunch, then he wanted me to go get "mommy juice," so I treated myself to a mocha frappuccino. We came home, pottied/diaper changed, and I let the kids play a  little while. Then I put Logan up for a nap, with minimal fighting, which is saying a lot lately. He hasn't been into wanting to take a nap without a real fight recently. I came down from putting him for his nap, and closed the drapes, turned off the lights, and put Meredith in the pack n play with the tv on very quietly. She laid down, so I did too! We both took a really nice nap!! It was wonderful. I woke up, Logan was up shortly after, I got dinner started : http://www.ourtableforseven.com/2012/08/baked-pierogi-casserole.html
Both kids ate pretty decent AND with really minimal mess!! It was a breath of fresh air!! Logan was fully using utensils by the time he was a year old. I don't know what happened, but now at 3 years old, it's hit or miss, and I swear he is messier now than he ever was as an infant!! Meredith is a different story all together. She is a messy eater and gets a little sassy attitude. She will purposely throw food on the floor when she doesn't want. Not dropping it, not tossing it, but with attitude-THROW it.
But tonight was good! Got both kids all washed up, pottied and diaper changes again, and I told Logan we could have a snack and watch a movie if he was good. So he wanted to watch Cars (a nice break from watching Robots every day the last like 3 weeks!), and I made him some popcorn. The kids played and watched the movie for a while until it was pajama time, at which time Logan informed me he wanted to have a "dance party." He asked to have one a few times this week. It's so cute.
I kind of started up this dance party thing a while ago, where we watch the music videos we have On Demand on our cable, and be silly before bed. So we got all ready for bed and had a short dance party.
Then when I was putting him to bed, and holding him for a bit in the glider, I said something about what a great day we had. And he starts listing everything we did today!! It was so cute. He starts saying something like:
"i pay games", "go shopping",  "get Boo Kig", "mommy juice-a", "do puzzle", "have dance pawty"

(I play games, go shopping, get Burger King, get mommy juice (starbucks), did puzzles, and have dance party.
It was adorable. I wish I could've recorded it.
One of those moments I hope to remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment