Monday, August 13, 2012

Scrapbooking

So I got into scrapbooking after Logan was born. I was originally going to just do an actual scrapbook for his first year, then photo albums and whatnot after that. But somehow, somewhere along the lines I decided to continue with the scrapbooks. I just recently got semi-caught up on his AND Meredith's. I'm PRETTY MUCH done up to about April of this year. Haha, yeah, I know, a few months behind already. But I usually only print/order my photos online when they are running really good deals.
Anyway, I found a system I sort of liked using for my pages of alternating between a solid color page, and a patterned page. The solid pages leave lots of room and space for stickers and words if you want, and the patterned pages are really cute and I love them.
Well, I started running out of patterned pages around here! I go to Hobby Lobby often, and have been to Archiver's, Michael's, JoAnn's.....well I pretty much have every patterned paper of all those stores that I like and can pertain to the kiddos!! So I started searching online. I got some papers online last year, and they worked out great. However, I looked at those same sites again at the beginning of this year and couldn't find much new/different/ones I didn't have already!
I was delighted when I went online a few weeks ago and found that www.scrapyourtrip.com has added a lot of really great papers that I love, and also www.scrapbook.com had a ton of papers that were new to me also!
So I was pretty excited, and I already had an account with SYT.com, and I went and created one on scrapbook.com, and I went through PAGES and PAGES of items and added them all to my cart. I knew I wouldn't have the money to order everything I wanted right now, but I figured I'd get things all set up in my cart so when I was ready I couldn't just hop on over and order them.
Wellllllllllllllllll........... that was a few weeks ago. And I go online last night to both websites and much to my dismay.....neither of them are the type of website where you can keep items in your cart!!! I've used websites all the time where as long as you had an account, you could put things in your "cart" and they would just stay there until you deleted them, or ordered. Well ALL my stuff on both sites was gone. I could've cried.
I spent a significant amount of time finding all the types of papers and whatnot I wanted and now my precious time was wasted. Sigh.
So I gave myself a minute to be angry, then got over it and started again! This time just adding everything to a "Wishlist" on both sites. It's a little more time consuming, but at least this way I have everything marked and know what I wanted to buy.
I must say, however, I must've spent a LOT longer on Scrapbook.com than I did the first time, or they added even more new inventory.....because I want to say I have like 300 things in my wishlist!! And some of them I want 2 of!! (one for each kid). Soooo....this will definitely be pretty costly when I finally go to order. But honestly, with the exception of maybe a random thing here or there, I should be set on patterned papers for the kids for the next couple of YEARS. I've got general ones, St. Patricks, Christmas, All sorts of red/white/blue ones good for 4th of July and Labor Day and Memorial Day, sports papers, Fall, Halloween...just all sorts of really great stuff.
I figured if I see them and I like them, I might as well buy them as soon as I have the extra money because they may discontinue them or whatnot if I went to order a certain Christmas paper next winter or something.
I'm not sure though! With the amount of great stuff I found I might need to wait until March when we get our tax return!! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment