Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A little bit better....

Today was a little bit better.

I think yesterday I was just so emotionally exhausted from so many things, it just had me all out of sorts.

I don't remember if I mentioned the one really shining spot of my day yesterday, which was when we put Logan's plate of dinner down on his tray, and he exclaimed "Thank you mommy! Oh thank you mommy!" It was beyond adorable. And so sweet. It wasn't even like typical "kid" food or anything! We had pork roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, garlic butter noodles, and green beans. But he was so happy. Made my day.

Anyway, back to today.
Long story short, and I'm getting tired of re-hashing it all. So I'll just paste what I put on Facebook and be done with it:

"I'm pretty sure I'm being treated like a moron.

When Logan got off the bus, I immediately checked the inside of his backpack. There was a piece of gray duct tape that says "Logan" on it. But NOWHERE is the label I put on it with his name.
There's a note from the teacher saying the backpack situation got all figured out. And that she put another name label on it.
But I'm pretttttttty sure I just g

ot the same backpack back, (not logan's original). Inside was just the scholastic book order form, and the note.
I don't have whatever artwork they drew yesterday, and his change of clothes isn't inside it.
I'll assume the artwork is now a lost cause. But am STILL awaiting an answer as to whether they took his clothes out yesterday to put them into a cubby space or something similar. They better have his damn clothes, otherwise I will know I'm being played and the jig is up that they gave me the same wrong backpack (which is what I think is happening)."
and a follow up reply to a comment:
"I'm just going to let it go (this time). He's got a backpack, it's the same type I had bought him anyway.

I FINALLY got a reply, saying that yes they took his clothes out (I wasn't sure, since they give you the option to either send a packa
ge of pull-ups to stay at the school, or to keep a few in their backpack everyday. I wasn't sure if they opted to leave the clothes in the backpacks too).
I don't have any art if he did any yesterday (the "other" backpack yesterday had a drawing in it), but oh well I guess.
This backpack was sent back with a DIFFERENT label on the inside that says "LOGAN." Not sure why they would've removed mine. I had a nice big piece of blue cardstock that said "Logan P." on it, that was covered with clear packing tape. I don't see how it could've fallen off, and don't understand why they would've replaced it. That's what makes me think they sent me home the same "wrong" bag.
They had the option of wearing their required name tags, or putting them on their backpacks. Mrs. Good wrote on the note that she has tied it to the handle of his backpack so it doesn't happen again. But honestly, I don't know if the kid can recognize his name or not. So if they throw all these backpacks in a pile on the bus, I'm sure he could very well grab the wrong one again *sigh*

I'm just glad there wasn't any important correspondence or anything I could've missed receiving!
I'm going to get him some kind of keychain or something that he really likes to help make sure he can identify his bag from now on."
SO. THAT'S THAT. Hopefully forever and I never have to deal with this kind of crap again.
Sigh.
In other news, today was okay. Logan woke up on his own crying at 6:45am. And I've decided to wake him up at 7am for school anyway, so I just kept him up. He was a little confused and disoriented for a few minutes.
Got him ready and on the bus and all was well.

Meredith had her 18 month checkup today. Most things seem good. A little slow on the gross motor skills and speech, but I'm not surprised. Also keeping her eye into consideration-her follow up with the surgeon is Sept. 11.
She is 23 lbs. and 10 oz. and she is just shy of 33 1/2 inches tall. I think they said her weight was right in the average, 50th percentile range, and she's around 85-90th percentile for height :-)

She had to get one last shot in a series of vaccinations, and she took it like a trooper. 
Next visit is for her 2 yr old checkup.



No comments:

Post a Comment