Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lightened load

Not too much going on today, but I do feel like a load has been lifted off my back a little. I decided to e-mail Logan's preschool teacher late last night and she called me back this morning. We got a lot of things cleared up and out of the way (including the fact I didn't even know what days/times the school was in session)! Apparently it has a lot to do with the IEP being done last minute and over the summer. Basically what I really took away from it, was that the woman who did it was very inexperienced. Mrs. Good told me the meetings usually last about an hour and half. Welllllllllllllllllll, mine was MAYBE a half hour. Yeah...
But oh well. Done, over with, out of the way. She got some of my questions answered, and we'll get a packet and more info at the preschool only orientation on Thursday. So I feel a little better.
Logan's attitude lately though, has been OUT OF CONTROL. Terrible two's??? That's a joke. I'd take my sweet 2 year old boy back over this 3 year old any day. I don't know what's gotten into him in the last few weeks. He's got a SERIOUS listening problem. *sigh*
He also took a very late nap, after a HUGE screaming/crying tantrum session. So then dinner was late, pajamas were late....etc etc. Then he started being good and asked to watch Robots. Well I never intended for him to get to watch the whole thing tonight (we've watched this darn movie every day for the last 2 weeks, sometimes more than once), but it ended up getting later and later, and I lost energy to really fight with him, so I let him watch the whole thing and have his snack, and he got to bed EXTREMELY late. Oh well. Such is life.
I'm just hoping and praying that maybe he will be so exhausted he'll stay asleep all night (not likely.) He used to wake up crying an average of maybe 5 days a week or so. Now it's been every night. Every. Single. Night. For over a month now. Doctor doesn't seem to think it's these nightmares they call night terrors, from what I've described. And we really can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for it. On the daily basis our schedule is good and we had a steady bedtime routine. Nothing in his room or anything changed, no reason to be confused or scared or anything. We just don't know. And now he wants "mommy bed" every time. And will kick and scream and fight about going back in his bed/room. And between not wanting to wake the baby, and my husband (who works over 60 hrs a week) needing sleep, and then me attempting to get some kind of sleep at nights....I don't have the energy to fight him. So he usually ends up in our (not big enough) bed.
And he's been getting up really early lately....which will actually be good with school starting, but I'm kind of hoping that because he went to bed so late, he will sleep in. I could use some extra sleep. As it is, I'm sitting here waiting for little miss to settle down and go to sleep.Sheesh.
I knew being a mom was hard work, and no sleep, and mostly poop and crying..... but sometimes I definitely find myself asking if this is how it is for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! Thank you for your comment! I also like to keep up with other SAHM's blogs, because I love being able to relate to them, especially on days when you want to pull your hair out, right?! I read that your husband works 60+ hours a week. Mine does too! So it's just me and the kiddos 95% of the time, because he is never home! You and I are the same age too. I'll be following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! We have quite a bit in common then!! Um yes, I definitely have days I am ready to bang my head against the wall. Especially lately. Haha!

    ReplyDelete