Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sleepy Wednesday

Today was a rough one.
Logan woke up at 6am, crying in his room, asking for "mommy bed."
I decided it was a bit too early to get him up for the day, so I let him get in bed with me and tried to go back to sleep until 7am.
He was being silly and not wanting to sleep until about 6:30am. When he crashed.
I tried waking him several times at 7am, and it JUST. WAS. NOT. HAPPENING. Yikes.
I was panicking a little.
We are NOT used to this early schedule.
So finally, at about 7:30am I was like oh boy....what do I do?? I was worried of upsetting him and him waking up his sister. So I decided I'd pick him AND his blanket up and bring him downstairs and figure this out. Well he woke up as we got to the bottom of the stairs. And I was right. He was tired, disoriented, and FREAKED OUT. Ugh. Not cool.

Finally he calmed down, but the clock was really ticking!!
The last 2 days I've tried to make getting dressed time at 7:45am, and then just chill for a few minutes and go outside right after 8 (bus comes at 8:15am).
Man for a second we were really cutting it close.
We got outside by 8:05 or so though, and he seemed like he was all good. (YAY!)

He was ADORABLE getting off the bus. I got him off, we crossed the street, and as soon as we got to the end of the driveway, he put both arms out and was yelling "I'm back! I'm back!" as he ran up to papa. Seriously. Adorbs.

The rest of the day wasn't too bad, even though I could NOT seem to get myself awake today. But hey, that's okay, because Matt was off work at a decent time today, and he took Logan upstairs to play, I put Meredith in the pack n play with her favorite show on quietly, and closed the curtains. Within 5 minutes she was asleep, so I followed suit.
Got a VERY nice nap in.
Woke up and got to work on a late dinner, Kraft fresh take seasoned chicken with herb/butter noodles, and corn.
Kids were pretty rambunctious after dinner. Especially Meredith. I don't know what got into them!!
Matt was in changing Logan for bed, and I went into the kitchen for a minute to wash up a few dishes, and I heard Matt saying "Oh no!" And I'm freaking, yelling from the kitchen with wet, soapy hands "What? What? What's wrong??"
Wellllllllll........Meredith pulled out a bunch of my mom files out of her one low filing cabinet and stuff was everywhere. Sheesh.
This child is something else. She is SO naughty. Seriously. Don't let that face fool you. She will laugh at you if you like gently smack her hand when she's bad (I don't do actual like REAL hitting. I've just swatted her hand a few times when she throws things and such). She will laugh, she will do the bad thing again. She's terrible. I am REALLY going to have my hands full. She will laugh right in your face when you yell at her!!

 Logan also keeps......not throwing a tantrum....that would be the wrong word. But getting very upset and insistent wanting to watch "Tickety Tock" I think it's called, haha. They have been airing commercials for this new series, BUT IT HASN'T STARTED YET!!! Try explaining that to a 3 year old. You should hear his adorable little baby voice with the way he says it, asking to please watch it. And every time I have to break his heart and tell him it isn't on yet. This kid just gets my heartstrings every time man. It's this adorable voice...seriously. "I wanna watch ticky tock mommy, pwease, pwease mommy, i watch ticky tock"


Not much else to report. I started last week wanting to lose a couple pounds for this thing I'm going to in 2 weeks....
Well uh, no. I swore I'd be motivated, etc etc. But with the stress, and everything, and I'm an emotional eater.....I've been doing nothing but eating. Seriously. Like snacking all day long. Which is weird, because I don't even like snack foods. I HATE potato chips and things like that. Sheesh.
So I haven't had the nerve to get on the scale, but I'm pretty sure I probably gained a pound or two instead of losing them. Oops.
I WILL get back on track eventually. Hopefully when we get a schedule figured out better, and things settle down, and I can focus and get back on my game and be less lazy.
I have to.
I'm not an elephant or anything, but I know I weigh way too much for my short height.
Oh well. All in time I suppose...


No comments:

Post a Comment