Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Sunday gone!

I am finding myself sitting here on this VERY late Sunday night, wondering how a whole week went by and I haven't blogged.
I'm once again, not really sure where the week went.
I am hoping things can feel like they will slow down a little bit sometime soon, but somehow I doubt that! Especially with 2 kids! Especially now that I have additional appointments for them too!

This past Monday was Meredith's first physical therapy appointment. We first spoke with her pediatrician about all this at her 9 month well check visit, when she still wasn't really sitting on her own very good. She'd rock back and forth and what we called "dance" and would fall right over almost immediately. So we consulted with the doctor on some concerns, and she agreed her gross motor skills might be lagging. Of course, just a couple weeks later, she started sitting like a pro, like she'd been doing it for years. But she still wasn't crawling, and definitely not walking. We were going through this program called Help Me Grow, and once we got all done with them and referred we got into this highly recommended place called Ferrell Whited physical therapy. The first visit was around an hour and half long, lots of questions, histories, getting info on her brother's development, then a lot of exercises and evaluating her. She asked if the doctors ever had any concerns about her hips (which I replied 'no', but never really asked why she asked that. I'm not sure if she was taking a history, or if she had a concern. Then we had our second appt. on Thursday and I forgot again!!). The therapist seems in agreement that she could use a little help and exercise basically, and gives me the impression she should move along quickly. We are doing 2 sessions a week for 6 weeks. Then we will re-evaluate and discuss where we think we are at, and if we want to cut it back to once a week, stop, etc. Our appointments will be Mondays and Thursday to keep it kind of evenly spaces and not wear her out. I'll be excited to report to her tomorrow that over the weekend Meredith has REALLY been getting up high on her knees! I'm so proud. And tonight she tried to start pulling herself up on some things! She didn't get anywhere, but it was great to see her reaching and trying with no incentive or coaxing from us!

In other news, my brother has had a friend in town this weekend, and she has a 2 year old son. So Logan has had a playmate for the last 3 days and has been ABSOLUTELY loving it! I can definitely see he needs more friends and interaction with kids his age. He was supposed to be starting a preschool/daycare thing, but now I found out that wouldn't likely be taking place until Fall. Buttttt I was made aware that since he also qualifies through the Help Me Grow program, for having a little delayed speech, he may be eligible to attend the Achievement Center for FREE! However they apparently normally have a waiting list. So I need to call and see if they currently have a wait, how long, etc. And see how that all works. Maybe we can get him some playtime with friends and some learning experience soon!! He really enjoys having kids his age around to interact with, I wish I had more friends with kids his age!!

No comments:

Post a Comment