Thursday, January 12, 2012

My sweet baby boy is 2 1/2 years old today!

So bittersweet.
Today is Logan's 2 1/2 year old 'birthday.'
How quickly the time has gone.

We are going hard into potty-training stating today, and luckily, somehow I was met with no resistance (after a nasty bout of diaper rash a few months back, he started freaking out over diaper changes and potty time.) Hopefully today was a sign of good things to come.
He is just the silliest and goofiest little boy ever.
He both frustrated and exhausts me to no end, and is the light of my life at the same time.
My life would never be the same without him. I often even find myself letting my mind drift back to the day he was born, which I can so far still remember every detail with great clarity. I can only hope these memories will all stay that fresh if I continue to recall them. I always find myself wishing for more pictures, more videos, more everything of the kids delivery day. After Logan I was upset because somehow I ended up with NO photos of he and I in the hospital. It sounds crazy, but I am not a photogenic person and pretty much always hate to have my photo taken. So people just assumed I wouldn't want it taken, and others swore that they thought I asked them not to. I wouldn't have minded, as long as it would've stayed private, or on my camera only. Looking the way I did, I wouldn't have wanted them put online or anything, but I wish I had them for my own memories.
With Meredith I made sure to ask Matt to take certain photos of her and I. Even looking like crap. I remembered how sad I was over not having those hospital photos with Logan.
And even now, with thoughts that we will have a 3rd child in a few years, I just think of how quickly it goes, and how much more I want to do if we get the chance to do it again.
Most people can't wait to get out of the hospital. But for me, I almost felt like it was this special, sacred time. That was the 'newborn' time. Remembered in my head with those soft fuzzy photo edges. Once you go home, they start growing too fast, life starts moving too fast, and it's back to routine. I love those beautiful first baby days in the hospital. Call me crazy.....

Diet went okay today. I did find myself a little hungry in the late evening. Probably due in part to a grocery store trip, and rearranging the pantry. Too much staring at and talking about food got the best of me. But overall, so far, I am finding this easier than I thought. I know I'm only 3 days in...but if you knew how much i love food, and how much I indulged in late night eating.... Well, I just figured getting back into eating healthier/less would leave me in an angry, crabby mood and giving in pretty quickly. I've been able to keep my mind on my goal though. And as cheesy as it sounds, I just "think thin" in my head. Our wedding photo is in a collage frame above the changing table, and seeing myself in 2008 all tan and skinny is definitely some good inspirations. I remember not only good I looked, but how great I FELT about myself. And just remember how nice it is to feel good about yourself. And how I can get back there again.
I weigh myself every day, which I know most people say not to do. But I keep a little diary of my progress, and keep myself from slipping this way. Though you don't always see day-to-day results, and sometimes the scale goes the wrong way, I find this is a good way to keep me motivated and keep myself in check. And I know the way my mind works....once I start seeing a few pounds come off it really pulls me forward to continue and work harder. So hopefully in a couple week I will be seeing results and starting to feel like the old me again. I would love to feel good and be excited about being in photos for Logan's birthday this summer. I even have a goal in mind for Meredith's birthday party which will be in early-mid March. It might be a pretty hard-to-reach goal, but I'm aiming for it nevertheless.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats on your weightloss goals, so great. I'm a new BloggyMoms follower and look forward to your future posts. :)
    Cheers,
    Tess
    www.inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete