Monday, January 9, 2012

Awesome Monday :-)

Pretty awesome day for a Monday.
I got a little extra sleep, thanks a bunch to my mom.
Kids were pretty well behaved, we had a very enjoyable day.
I got a pot of sauce on for dinner, decided to do a red meat sauce with sweet Italian sausage for dinner tonight. I got that on right before 2 pm, which was just in time for Merediths appointment at 2pm. We had someone coming to the house as a follow up from a visit we had last week. Meredith wasn't doing very good sitting up on her own at her 9 month well check visit. So the doctor referred us to a program to evaluate her, and see if she needed additional help. Well they agreed she's a little behind on her gross motor skills. The problem was, when she would be in a sitting position she would just move around and rock around so much she would always fall right over. Of course between the time of her 9 month visit, and the time of the evaluation she managed to start sitting on her own just fine, go figure. But now she is still technically a little behind on the timeline for crawling. She's a little over 10 months old now. She's been doing a great job of getting up on all 4s recently, but isn't actually mobile. So we are going to check out a physical therapist just to see what they can help us with, for crawling and walking. I'm not going to push her to do anything she isn't ready to do, I just want to make sure I'm doing everyone for her that she needs. Even the program adviser person said we may do only a few sessions with a physical therapist and that might be all she needs! Or they may just be able to show us some things to do with her here at home. I feel a little bad, like it's partly my fault. Logan is such a little wild man, I don't think she got nearly as much floor time as Logan did as a baby. So I'm guessing that's mainly the problem. I don't think, and neither did the ladies who evaluated her, that there's anything actually wrong, persay, or any developmental problems, so that's good.
And she hasn't been eating 'solid' table food. Logan starting eating table food at a pretty early age, but Meredith has a tendency to be dramatic and start gagging anytime we tried things with her in the past. So I hadn't pushed that issue either. But today we successfully had some tiny pieces of banana! There was a few dramatic gagging moments, but she ended up finally eating several very tiny pieces! Plus we had teeth #2 and #3 come through last week. Tooth #4 is RIGHT there about to make it's debut as well.

Logan will be 2 1/2 years old on Wednesday! We need to get back on the potty-training train too! But he's been doing a lot more talking lately, so that's great. His vocabulary has definitely expanded.

The first day of the new diet wasn't too bad either. I ate a little more than I had planned at lunch, some chicken, but it probably wasn't too bad for me. I still felt hungry for about a half an hour afterward, but it subsided pretty quickly. I found myself thinking about food a little bit during the day, but it really wasn't too bad. At no point during the day did I find myself like absolutely starving. By the time dinner was done at 6, I was pretty hungry, I ate a good sized plate of pasta and a slice of garlic bread, but tried not to overdo it like I usually do. I'm going to try to not make a habit of eating high calorie desserts, but I had made brownie cheesecake over the weekend, so I allowed myself a small slice of that a few hours after dinner. I definitely think I was doing a lot if boredom and emotional eating. I thought I would be starving by this time at night (with Merediths late nights, I often found myself eating WAY too late at night). But honestly, while out of habit, I've thought of grabbing something to munch on, I stopped myself and have realized I'm not actually truly hungry. So I guess that's a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment