Friday, February 3, 2012

The early bird gets the blog!

Up early today. Specifically with purpose of doing some internet/e-mail stuff.
I am NOT a morning person by any means. But it does give me the opportunity to get things done in some peace and quiet without worrying about the doorbell/phone ringing, someone needs to be fed/changed or making a mess. I should probably start making this a habit and try to get up extra early at least once a week.

Meredith had her 4th physical therapy session yesterday, and it went pretty well. At the first 3 sessions she was a bit of a brat, and just pretty much laid or sat there and didn't want to roll or move or do anything!! Hard to work with her when she won't move!! Such a stinker. But yesterday she did good, a lot better with the rolling and even other exercises Sarah (the PT), wanted her to do. She thinks Meredith could be crawling by our next session on Monday if we do a little work with her over the weekend. Which made my little heart so happy. I was really kind of worried they might find something and think she had some kind of real problem or issue. But I get the impression Sarah thinks Meredith will be moving along pretty quickly and will be just fine :-)
Definitely made me happy to hear. So as much as I don't want my little princess growing up and getting bigger on me, we will be doing some therapy exercises and working on crawling this weekend! As it is, on Monday we stood her up next to her little Winnie the Pooh toy table and she stood up against it holding on, all on her own for several minutes! I almost shed a tear.
So hopefully a little exercise and this physical therapy is all she needs for a few weeks and we can get her moving (which she needs! You should see these rolls on her chubby thighs!!), and she won't be my sweet little baby anymore, but a moving, roaming toddler!

I don't think we have any huge plans for today other than dinner and shopping.
We were supposed to do breakfast for dinner last night, but we went out to price check some items, and by the time we got home it was a little late, and the kids just needed to eat, so I threw together something for Logan and fed the baby, and Matt was at work anyway, so I didn't even really 'make' dinner. Oh well.
The plan is now to do breakfast for dinner tonight, and hopefully try out this new pancake recipe I found on Pinterest. I've been on it before, but only just really started using it this week. If you think Facebook or blogging is addictive, don't even try Pinterest!! I'm still learning to use it, and I know some people probably think it's a fad, and just the hot new thing, but honestly, I love it. It's like an interactive, online bookmarking, social-media information/inspiration center. Sure, I could just google search things and bookmark them on my own computer. But this give you a bright, photographic way to bookmark and organize things on your own 'online pinboard' and even see what's popular and what other people thought of things. And you can find and be inspired by things you didn't even know existed or you liked!! I've also got my mom on, and it's been a little hard explaining it to her, especially because I'm new. But she will see something she likes, then click it, and be all confused as to where the recipe is, or where the instructions are. Which is where I'm trying to explain to her that she can click the original link so see where the item "came" from. Which I agree, can be a pain in the butt sometimes. But I love the overall idea. And I'm a very visual person, so being able to pick from photos to decide what to click and read is great for me.
And as for shopping, today will be a big one! I know we're going to be laying out quite a bit of money today, which sucks, but it is great in the overall scheme of things. I have MASSIVE coupons we need to use. I have 2 kiddos in diapers right now, so we go through quite a few diapers. I've got a $5 off Target coupon, AND a $2 off Manufacturer coupon for Huggies (not my favorite, but at these prices, it will work!!), PLUS for every 2 boxes you buy this week you get a $15 Target giftcard to use on a future purchase! Can you beat that??? Seriously.
So I will be saving $7 on each box of diapers, and getting giftcards back. Awesome. Yep, I get excited about this stuff. I love saving money in general, but when it's on 'necessities' it's even better. Right now Target also had printable coupons for $1 off any Up and Up (their store brand) paper towels. No size limit. Their single rolls are .99! Thanks for the free paper towels Target! :-)
I've also got a few other nice coupons to use on some stuff we need and could use. So yay.

Well, it's getting late now and I also want to hop onto Pinterest before the kids get up, so I better finish this up!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment