Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Slacking again!!

Yes! I've been slacking again. But at least I kind of have an excuse.
My dad, who has had ongoing medical issues, passed out and fell down the stairs on Sunday night, resulting in us once again calling for an ambulance and him going to the hospital. It was one of those things where I saw it happening, but I couldn't get to him fast enough. I'm not sure how much of the actual fall I saw, and what I may have put together in my head, but it was bad. I thought he was going to have a broken neck. It was not pretty.
They did all the normal scans and whatnot, said everything looked okay, no real answer about the passing out (again, this is ongoing. Some guessed it was from so many procedures/surgeries in a short period of time, or him losing 40 lbs, or from the pain from his bowel resection, or it's from low blood sugar, and so on, and so on. The incident right after Christmas left him with his head split open and a lot of stitches. To make it worse, from that incident he got vertigo and a concussion, which they now are suggesting is the current reason he's losing consciousness.)
So we were sent home.
He had been in bed since Friday, not eating. Yesterday what he did eat, he threw up, then had abdominal pain. Passed out once, we were debating on what to do. Then a little later my mom was trying to talk to him, he wasn't focusing or answering her, then he passed out on the bed. She decided that was it, we needed to call for an ambulance again because something just wasn't right. So we were there until almost 5 am this morning. They admitted him. They are trying to move up this one last test they thought might find some results, originally they said they couldn't schedule him until NEXT Friday, so that's when it was set at. But this awesome ER doctor last night said he'd try to get it moved up.
So yeah, thus my lack of blogging. Or excuses anyway, haha!

Last night we had Chicken piccata over angel hair pasta. Tonight I made a HUGE pot of tomato sauce that I'm going to use as a base for a few dishes this week. Matt doesn't like to eat the same type of thing 2 nights in a row, so I had planned to do Eggplant parm and pasta tonight, pork chops tomorrow, Chicken parm and pasta Friday night, Brinner on Saturday, and then Meatballs and ravioli with sauce on Sunday. Well Thursdays meal will probably just be a free-for-all, frozen food dinner, because Matt's grandpa died on Monday. So we have the wake/viewing to go to tomorrow evening (then the funeral Friday morning.)

I also planned to do many other things this week which I'm sure won't get done.

I did get my daughters first physical therapy session scheduled, which will be on Monday at 10 am I think.
But yeah, that's about all I've gotten done.
I tried to pick a birthday theme/decor for her, but was getting nowhere and getting very distracted.
One day at a time I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment