Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Re-cap

I'm not even sure where the weekend went. It's funny because on Friday I woke up and it felt like a Sunday to me. So I was excited when I kind of remembered/realized the weekend hadn't even started. And now here I am, 1am Sunday night (Monday actually), and I'm not even sure where the weekend went or what I did!!
Last week was rough. I didn't get sleep really for 3 consecutive nights in row, each because of a different person (Tues-my dad, Weds & Thurs-each one of the kids). Then with Matt's grandfather passing away, we went to the viewing/wake on Thursday, then he ended up just staying the night at his brother's on Thursday night and went to the funeral with him on Friday so I didn't have to worry about going and standing in the cold. I'm sad he passed, but we weren't close and I had only met him a handful of times. We brought the baby with us on Thursday and she was VERY good, and people coo-ed over and thought she was just adorable. Matt is also not very close with a lot of his family, and this has left me with a bit of a dilemma!!
Now Meredith was born in February 2011. Matt's father and girlfriend came to Logan's 2nd birthday party in July (the first "event" they've ever come to since our wedding. I always send birthday invites/photos/cards, etc. I am sure to never leave anyone out-that's on them). Well they didn't come to Logan's 1st birthday, but did come to his 2nd. So they met and held Meredith then. Now maybe it's partly my fault, but when people ask her name, for some reason we usually reply "Meredith Olivia." I'm not sure. Maybe it's because people would ask her middle name to? So we just started saying her first and middle name? I don't really know. But it became habit.
Now we got a Christmas card from Dave & Jackie (Matt's father and girlfriend). It was to "Matt, Tiffany, Logan, and Olivia." I was a little miffed. Matt was more on the side of it being a nice gesture. Well, I had sent out photos of the kids to people, them included. And to make it easier on me, this year I had like little name address labels printed up, with their names, ages, etc. So there could be no mistake on my hand writing being bad or something, it very clearly printed said "Meredith Olivia Patterson, 9 months old." So I had hoped those labels on the back of the photos would clear up any confusion on her name. I was wrong.
Dave referred to her once as Olivia, and Matt quietly corrected him (I forget exactly what he said). Well either Dave didn't hear, wasn't listening, I don't know what!! Because then he and Jackie are introducing her to people as Olivia!! Even worse, I had already told some of these people her name was Meredith!! Then someone asked Dave how many grandkids he had, and he was talking to a huge group of people, and he says "Kayla, Logan, and little Olivia over here." And pointed to her. I was sort of mortified. I told Matt he needs to find a way to correct them!! How long can we let this go on? I guess whatever birthday invites I have printed up, I will be sure to have them say ONLY Meredith in HUGE BOLD LETTERS, and hope that clears it up. Though at this point I'm sure they'd just be confused!!! It's embarrassing for everyone at this point. I don't want to make them feel bad, or have that awkward moment, but she's almost a year old, I can't have this going on for any longer. Especially if they want to see these kids more like they claim.
If he still does it after the birthday invite (And maybe I'll get a big banner with her name on it too?), then Matt definitely needs to have a chat with his dad.
Like I said, I feel almost like I screwed this up and may have confused them, I don't know. But all her photos (birth announcement, 3 month photos, 6 month photos, & 9 month photos) HAVE ALL had her name on them. How do you miss that?
*Sigh*


Saturday I'm not even sure what we did! Mom, myself and the kids did some shopping in the afternoon, and I think that took up a good portion of our day. We had coupons expiring and sales ending, so we had to get the done. Then by the time we got home, fed the kids, got them down for naps, had lunch ourselves, and put groceries away it was getting so late!! Then next thing I knew I was making dinner! After dinner my mom and I went back out to Walmart, which we didn't have time to do earlier in the day to grab a few last minute things. While I'm sure the cashier was just doing her job, she was a little annoying and slow. When she realized we had a good amount of coupons, she STOPPED ringing our stuff up, and actually sat and went through EVERY SINGLE COUPON, one by one, and made sure we had it in our order BEFORE she even rang our items up!I'm pretty sure ALMOST everywhere you shop, if you try to use a coupon for an item you don't have the register will beep and alert the cashier. So I'm not sure why she had to verify like 35 things before she even rang our stuff or tried to scan the coupons. I felt kind of like we were being treated like criminals, or like we were trying to trick her or something!! Now, like I said, maybe the store is just cracking down on their coupon policy or something, but I don't know. Usually anywhere we go they will ring up our items, attempt to scan all our coupons, and THEN if there is any question on use of a coupon, they would check to see what they rung up, and verify we bought it. It was just a little strange. And it took FOREVER for her to get done. Needless to say, I won't go to that cashier again. I am curious to see if this will happen that way the next time we use coupons there. We shall see.....

Today, well, today was kind of a bust. Matt usually lets me sleep in on Sundays since I get up with the kids at night and stuff (he works so much, I don't even make him get up with the kids at night anymore). And I slept in LATE today. Took a shower, cleaned up our room a little, straightened some stuff out in the kids room. Then my mom and I had to vaccuum food seal some meat she bought earlier in the week. Did a little laundry, a little couponing, and not much else. I don't know where the time went. We had a ravioli and sauce with meatballs dinner, and then a small cake afterwards to celebrate my mom's birthday which was on Thursday. I'm not sure if she knew we were doing that or not. But it was nice.

I have a TON of stuff to do tomorrow, and I should be in bed. But I only got Meredith to sleep at a little after 1 (It's like 2:15 now!), and now Logan just was up crying....I got up there and was ready to go in, and he stopped. So I stood there for like 5 minutes, and he was quiet. So I should get to bed now, but I always end up laying there, unable to sleep like almost waiting for one of the kids to start crying again. I can be EXHAUSTED beyond belief and still have the hardest time winding down and falling asleep sometimes. I wonder if other moms have that problem too...
Oh well, I better try to sleep. I need to get up and ready fairly early tomorrow, Meredith and I need to LEAVE the house by 9:30am for her first physical therapy appointment. I'm a little nervous, I hope it goes well.
Wish us luck I guess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment