Monday, August 29, 2011

Meredith's 6 month checkup

My little princess is doing great! She is 16.23 lbs, which is right in the 50th percentile, and she is 26.5 inches long which puts her in the 75th percentile for height! Hopefully she will be taller than mommy :-)
Today we started bananas! So far she has had, regular single grain rice cereal, green beans, prunes, apples, squash, carrots, pears, mangos, mixed grain cereal, and kiwi! She's doing so great with eating, and seems to enjoy almost all the foods she's been given so far :-)

It has felt like I've been going nonstop all day today. I just need a little time to breathe and clear my head. Since dinner got a late start (chicken and gravy over rice), I was going to feed Logan something different so he could eat since what I was making wasn't done yet, and it was already 6pm. So I decided to spoil him a bit, and I played a little game of, finish off the open bags of things in the freezer. I came up with 6 pieces of popcorn chicken, 7 sausage pizza rolls, and a handful of Hot Pocket brand snackers-loaded potato bites. Popped them all in the oven for him. I thought he'd be ecstatic, since he has recently discovered and found out he loves pizza rolls. He wasn't as excited as I though, and actually threw a fit wanting the rice I made once he saw his uncle take (and spill some all over the counter) some. So I caved and gave him a nice messy bowl of rice with gravy. And a mess he sure did make. This is kind of what I was trying to avoid since my energy level had pretty much plummeted. By the time he was done eating I was getting pretty aggravated. He started out eating nice, but then that soon turned into quite a nice mess-making extravaganza! Oh well. He is cleaned up now, and down in his playroom in the basement, happily making a bigger disaster and watching Backyardigans. Thankfully, Meredith is sleeping at the moment, so that gives me a minute to relax (and clean up from dinner-yay!) She was pretty fussy right before she ate dinner, so I'm really hoping that the shots she got today aren't going to make her super-fussy. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Well, I better go finish scrubbing the dinner dishes and whatnot before Meredith wakes up. Hope I am not jinxing myself by saying that!
Both kids could also use a bath tonight, and since daddy's working late, it's all on me. I better find some energy somewhere, because at the moment I just don't have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment