Monday, August 29, 2011

8/29/11

We have Meredith's 6 month checkup this afternoon. It's so hard to believe she is already 6 months old! It goes by fast with your first child, but even faster with the second/when you have two I think!!
It seems like just yesterday I was dealing with aggravating ob/gyn appointments, and mixed feelings over our VBAC miscommunication (a story I'll post another day.) And it seems like it was just yesterday we were taking that nerve-wracking drive to the hospital for the scheduled c-section. Feeling more nervous than I did with Logan even.
And now here we are. Pregnancy long gone, delivery long gone, even newborn long gone. With my beautiful, chunky, silly baby girl who is growing too fast. She was EXTREMELY colicky, and I didn't get to enjoy her newborn-ness the way I should have/would have liked to. I already yearn to have that time back. when she got to be about 4 weeks old, the colic kicked in, and we would go through days and nights of just inconsolable screaming. There was very little, if anything, we could do to make her feel better. This has subsided since late July. It may be coincidence, but she started to get better right around the time we started cereal/baby foods.
But here we are, 6 months and 5 days old. She will have a normal checkup, and I think maybe 2 shots. They always tell me how great she looks at all her appointments, so I'm sure this will be pretty routine. I don't really have any concerns or questions, so hopefully I can get in and out fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment