Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st Post

So this is my second try at a blog. I had/have a blog on another name, but have decided to start fresh. I will probably delete the old blog once I get the info I want off of it (I want to double check to make sure I have all my childrens milestones on there written down in their baby books/calendars before I delete it, so I make sure I don't miss anything.)
I had a hard time picking a URL name, but I remembered some video game my brother had played, called Cooking Mama. I've never played it, but anyone who knows me, knows I love to cook and bake. So i just went with 'cooking mama tiff' haha. And as far a title, i'm going to be the honest mom for sure. I am sick and tired of other moms putting down decent hard working mothers, and making them feel bad. Pretending your life, husband, and kids are perfect does nothing but create a misconception of what adult life is really like. I think it would be better for everyone if people (specifically mothers), would be honest about the trials, tribulations, and joys of being a mother (and/or wife). So I will use this as my outlet to express my true feelings about adult life. It will mostly be about my kids, but also about my cooking and baking and other things I enjoy.
So back to basics. I'm Tiffany, I am 27, married to my husband Matt for a little over 3 years now. I have a son, Logan who just turned 2, he was born on 7/11/09. Then we had our 'surprise' baby (unplanned), my daughter Meredith on 2/24/11, who is 6 months old today :-)
I have worked at several restaurants, but found my passion after working in a bakery. I later took a position as a cake decorator, which I found I greatly enjoy. I am currently unemployed after the bakery department at my place of employment closed down. I still enjoy baking and cake decorating at home, and have made a few cakes out of my house for people, including a wedding cake and bridal shower cakes. I also enjoy cooking savory meals, and have recently started trying to get homemade dinner on the table more often, and to expand our recipe collection and try new things. We still occasionally eat frozen/box meals and get takeout sometimes, but in the last 3 months or so, I think we (my mother and I) have been doing a really great job at preparing meals almost every night. As for the "my mother and I" comment, myself, husband, and 2 kids live with my parents. We had our own apartment for several years, and even had rented a house at one point, but after the birth of my son in 2009, which required an emergency c-section, my mom suggested we stay with them for a while, as my husband worked 2 jobs, and I had quite a few limitations, as well as a new baby for the first time. She later decided and asked if we would want to just move in with them for a while. It provides a great built-in babysitter (which was great when I went back to work and had to be at work at 6am-no having to wake a baby and bring them to a sitter!!!), and I greatly enjoy the company. My mother is my best friend. The kids also have the great luxury of enjoying the company of their grandparents every single day, which is awesome. Matt and I could afford to move out and get a place of our own again if we wanted, but our situation is just so great right now, why would i want to?!?? Who wouldn't love help doing dishes and laundry and cleaning and watching the kids and cooking! Its great! Don't get me wrong, I don't sit on the couch all day eating Bon-bons. I take care of my kids and feed, bathe, and diaper them. I just usually doing the cookies and dishes and my mom does our laundry. Which is nice because I suck at folding clothes. So that's us. And where we live. And what we do. Actually I missed the where we live a little, we are in Medina, Ohio. Lived here since 1995, moved from NJ.
Well, have to run for now, but hopefully this venture into blogging will prove to be more successful than my previous!

No comments:

Post a Comment