Sunday, August 28, 2011

8/28/11

Got to sleep in today a little. Matt watches the kids this morning for a bit. It was nice because I'm usually up pretty late with Meredith for her last feeding of the day.
We got a bunch of eggplant at the Farmer's Market yesterday, so I spent several hours peeling, slicing, breading and frying them up. My mom is bagging them up to freeze as we speak. They were a great price, and now we'll have eggplant all ready to go for eggplant parm all winter.
We had NY Strip steaks for dinner, baked potatoes, broccoli with cheese sauce, garlic butter noodles. Delicious. I am stuffed. Although I'm sure it won't last long.
I went on a diet right after I delivered Meredith. I actually landed at 10 lbs less than I was when I conceived her! So it's great to weigh LESS than you did before you got pregnant. Except at that time I was still packing on baby weight I never lost from Logan. (We conceived Meredith when Logan was 11 months old. And I hadn't done a very good job of trying to get the excess weight off from his pregnancy.)
So while it's nice to be a little lighter than I was last summer, it's still nowhere near where I want to be. I would like to lose at least 25 more pounds. I think I can do it by next spring. I'm not rushing myself like I have in the past. I did good right after I had Meredith but over the summer I've really been doing a ton of snacking. Staying up late hasn't helped. I'm a night person to begin with, so the late night eating is definitely helping me stay chubby I'm sure. Oh well. It sounds crazy to diet over the winter/holidays, but I'm really really going to try to do it. Especially because even if we have another baby, it won't be for another couple years. So it would be nice to be thin/healthy for a couple years!! So knowing we won't consider having another baby for a little while, I won't be able to talk myself out of dieting, haha.
I'm hoping to get some nice down time and relax this evening. It's almost Logan's bedtime. He goes to bed about 9pm. And typically he'll sleep until about 8am-9am. So it's almost time to get him all suited up and ready for bed. Then hopefully Meredith will behave and play nice and I can get a chance to watch one of the Netflix movies that we've had here with my mom. It's either Angels & Demons, or Limitless. I think I'd prefer to watch Limitless, but I'm going to let mom choose. We watched the Da Vinci Code together like, gosh, over a year ago, and have been meaning to see the second one since then. I'm not sure if she's interested in watching Limitless or not. So if she isn't I'll just watch that whenever. Nighttime is usually when my mom chill out on the couch and cut our coupons and watch tv/catch up with our DVRed shows. Hubby gets up early for work, so he usually goes to bed at like 9pm. When he's home that is. He works a second part time job, and sometimes he doesn't get home from that until 10-10:30. So on those nights he comes right home, showers, eats and goes to bed. It's great to have a man that works hard for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment