Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dreary day

So yesterday I started my foray into this new blog. I didn't get to write much but the basics. Both kids are currently napping, and dinner is already to be put in the oven/on the stove, so I have a few free minutes.
Yesterday we had what we call ground beef and gravy. It's very simple to make, and fairly inexpensive. We just brown some ground beef in a tiny bit of oil until it's cooked through. Add in 1-2 (depending on how much onion you like) slices onions, let that cook a little until the onions are translucent. Then add 3 cans of campbells plain brown gravy. Rinse the cans out with a little water, so as not to waste any gravy in the cans, add that to the pot. Then add a little Gravy Master, and 1/4 to a 1/2 cup soy sauce, depending on taste. Stir well, turn to low hear, and let cook about a half an hour (or longer if you wish). We make wide egg noodles with it, and serve it over that. Pretty easy and pretty tasty.
Tonight we are having meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes and spinach. I am kind of in the mood for noodles, and since I don't care too much for spinach, I might make noodles as an additional side dish as well.
We let Logan play at the play place at McDonalds today (my husband is the corporate maintenance manager there), because the grass is so wet/muddy at home. It's rained pretty good the last few nights. There's a hurricane coming, and its supposed to hit the eastern states pretty good. Hopefully not too badly though, because one of my oldest friends is getting married on 9/10/11 in NJ, so we are driving out there for the wedding in a couple weeks.
I'm excited and nervous at the same time because it's at least an 8 hour car ride, and we are taking both kids with us. Hopefully all will go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment