Thursday, September 1, 2011

9/1/11

Here we are, into September already!!
In Ohio our Winters are long and cold, so we beg for summer. And Summer came with a vengeance. It was HOT. And we all complained of course. But now that Summer is slowly coming to a close I find myself a little sad and wistful of it's impending absence. I will try to enjoy Fall a little better than I did Summer!

Today was kind of a lazy day. I feel like I didn't get a whole lot done, but I guess feeding and changing 2 kids is a chore in and of itself. Logan had pizza (and half a chicken nugget) for lunch and made a total mess. I caught myself getting frustrated for a minute but quickly and easily let it go. And I went the cheap and easy route for dinner. Hamburger Helper. I'm not proud, and it sure doesn't really go with my concept of trying to get a homemade dinner on the table more often. But it was dinner. It was an italian shells and cheese one. And Logan loves pasta, so I thought he'd be all over it. But he wasn't. In fact he was being a bit of a brat, and I'm not even sure if he tried one bite! So I heated up some leftover chicken nugget. He took a few bites, but mainly played with them. In the end, he asked for a banana, and actually ended up eating 2 whole bananas. Which, coincidentally is also what his sister had. She just finished up her 3rd day of bananas. Tomorrow we are moving onto peaches.
Logan has been interacting a little bit more with Meredith lately. And if she sees him dancing or making faces, she always laughs. It's so cute. This morning he was doing this dance, from Yo Gabba Gabba, this Get The Wiggles Out song, and he dances like crazy and she cracked up. It was great. I'm hoping to catch him doing it on video. Then at lunch, he tried to feed her a chicken nugget and his pizza. She was sitting right in front of him, on grandma's lap, and he put it right up by/on her mouth. It's so sweet and heartmelting and precious you can't even yell at him. We tried to explain she's too little, and he didn't seem to get upset. I'm just hoping he won't try to do anything like that if they are ever alone together. I worry constantly about things like that.
Meredith was really playing around with her bedtime bottle, and doing this thing she does while on your lap, where she like pushes her feet against you, and like pushes her head up and off your lap. Almost like so she can drink with her head upside down. I found myself getting extremely aggravated. I just wanted her to finish so I could get her down for bed, since we've been trying to get her in bed a little earlier and adjust her schedule. And right as I was about to get really ticked off, she started laughing at me. I mean totally cracking up. My angry face must've been pretty funny. I HATE when I get upset or frustrated with her. And after I do I feel so terrible. She is growing SO fast, and I already get upset about her newborn days being gone. How can I get upset with her?? I spent way too much time when she was a newborn with her colic being upset and frustrated. I won't let myself do it now. I already wish I could redo her infancy. I would shut up and stop complaining. I would get over the fact that I was tired and just deal with it and drink another cup of coffee!! Because now it's gone. And I feel like I missed out on her newborn days. I feel a little cheated because of the colic, but in a way it's partially my own fault for letting the colic win. C'est La Vie I guess.

My sister, Heather is coming home to visit from Indiana this weekend. She lives and works there, where she got a job after college at Ball State. I'm excited because I have to give her her long overdue birthday gift. Her birthday was 6/27, but finances were a little tight then, and I had already decided I was buying her a Kindle. So I waited, and was able to get it the first week in August. I didn't want to take the chance on shipping it out there though, so I just waited, knowing she'd be home again this weekend.


And next week, my mom, husband, and both kids and I are making the drive out to NJ for my good friends wedding. Should be interesting! I'm a little nervous. I think we are well prepared though. We already packed the kids suitcases though for the most part, just a lot of little odds and ends last minute type stuff to throw in the night before/day of. It's just worrysome traveling with a toddler and a baby. Although I know, I know, most things, if forgotten can be bought at the store. I think as long as we have my son's blanket, we will be fine!! That I couldn't replace. :-)

I should probably get to bed, it's pretty late. I actually took a nap today though, which is probably the only reason I'm even awake right now!
I haven't pulled anything out of the freezer or decided what to make for dinner tomorrow. I can't seem to make a decision. Maybe it will be a free-for-all, can of soup or frozen pizza type of day. Laziness strikes yet again. Not totally my fault though, we really need to go to the store. I'm out of what I consider to be essentials like potatoes, and onions. We've also eaten a lot of ground beef lately, so I feel like I shouldn't cook that. Or this weekend, my brother's girlfriend is coming here with my sister (she's friends with her also), and she doesn't really eat red meat, so I think we're having chicken on both Saturday and Sunday (I have been dying to try a variation of a Tarragon Chicken I saw on the Food Network or Cooking Channel, I forget which). So I feel like chicken is out for tomorrow. We have some pork, but we're getting a little low, and I was too lazy earlier to dig through the freezer and see what was in there. Perhaps if I get up early enough I can dig through and defrost something. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment