Monday, September 5, 2011

9/5/11

So today was a bit of a blah day.
I haven't really gotten much/very good sleep the last say 5 nights or so. So I got up with the kids this morning, got them situated/fed breakfast, then told my hubby i pretty much HAD to go lay back down. I've been pretty tired lately, and sometimes I am getting these pretty bad headache/migraines. I'm not sure if it's even related to being tired, but they are just very random and weird. So I laid back down at about 10am, and bless his heart my hubby didn't wake me up until 1pm!! It was only 3 hours, but it made a HUGE difference. I was like a new person. I slept SOLIDLY the whole 3 hours. It was nice.

I did feel a bit behind when I got up though. Even though we didn't really have much planned or to do. My sister and my brother's girlfriend are visiting, so I had planned to make a nice dinner. It was a first time recipe, so I was pretty nervous. We definitely ate a lot later than I had planned, but I'm happy to announce the food came out good. It was a modified recipe I had seen on the food network for Tarragon chicken. It was delicious. You basically brown the chicken in oil, after you dredge it in flour/salt/pepper, then remove the chicken, then cook some pearl or cippolini onions and sliced garlic in the pain, then deglaze it with white wine, add chicken broth, tarragon (I used dry-not fresh, and didn't use as much as they suggested), cook that down to reduce. In the original recipe you return the chicken to the pan, while the sauce simmers and reduces. But I was making such a large batch of it, I had put the chicken on a tray in the oven to finish cooking, and it still turned out good. You simmer the sauce a little while, then add a few tbsp of flour to 1/3 cup of chicken broth, whisk it together, then add it to the sauce to thicken it, then add a few tbsps of butter!! I also made fresh green beans, which I never have before. Boiled them in salted water. Let then dry/drain in a colander. Then you brown some sliced garlic in olive oil, add the green beans and saute for a few minutes. They were delicious. I also made broccoli with cheese sauce, and a chicken flavored rice. So happy it came out well and everyone liked it.

Then I also made a gooey butter cake after dinner. I tried a small sliver, and it's good, but VERY sweet. If I make the same recipe again I won't use as much powdered sugar in it. Oh well though, you live and you learn.

Meredith's been a little fussy again lately. Not sure if maybe it's still just her body (IE-constipation/gas) adjusting to the new foods, or if it's teething. She's been drooling a lot, but we can't feel anything cut through the gums yet. She's just a little over 6 months old now. I think by now Logan had already had a few teeth cut through the gums. I've been wanting to pull his baby book out and check. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how many times I had to go back to my oldest's baby book. I can't remember anything unless I write it down, lol. I hope her fussiness is short lived. Good luck getting your blog out there. There are a lot of good sites out there for networking on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina!
    Yeah, I can't believe how quickly you forget everything with the kids! It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete