Friday, September 16, 2011

9/16/11

I'm going to start a post now, but think I will have to finish later.
I have a feeling I will be getting interrupted shortly, and won't have much privacy to write.I hate when I feel like someone is watching me or staring over my shoulder while I am doing things online. Even if it's not something secretive or anything, I still just hate that 'being watched' feeling.

Well my aunt came to visit to stay with us for just a couple days to help out. My dad's surgery is today at 2. He's having a resection done to take out several inches of his intestines at 2pm.

**this is where I had to stop earlier**


Okay, continuation!
His surgery is done, things appear to have gone well. He is in recovery now! He will probably be in the hospital until at least Tuesday.


Okay, what else to catch up on?
Our trip?
We left for NJ at about 9:15am on Friday 9/9/11. My mom, myself, my husband, and both kids. Overall the trip wasn't too horrible. Although it can be challenging managing the diaper changes and diaper bags in and out of restrooms or restaurants. It's like change one kid, okay, now let's switch kids so I can change the next one! Then okay, this person hold a kid so this adult can pee, etc, etc.!
So we stayed at my Aunt Lynn and Uncle Marty's house. It was nice to have a chance to visit and whatnot, although I wish we could've stayed longer.
The wedding was Saturday afternoon at a church, and was very nice. And the reception followed a couple of hours later at a Point Pleasant Yacht Club. The reception was awesome, Danielle and Andrew did a great job. They had a really nice cocktail hour with hot and cold passed hors' deurves, and a little made to order pasta station, a little made to order stir fry station, and an cold station with crostini and bruschetta topping, olives, fresh mozzarella
Then for dinner they did a buffet, which was actually really great! Buffets get a bad wrap, but when you go to a wedding you want to eat and drink and celebrate!! And I did go up twice, no shame here! They had some kind of like a sweet and sour pork, which was okay, a DELICIOUS filet mignon espagnole, a specialty dish of the club called chicken crystal, eggplant rollitini which was delicious, spanish paella-I'm not big on seafood, so I just took the rice and veggies, and it was really good!, some kind of delicious roasted potatoes. There were other things too, I just can't remember! Their cake was also delicious. One of the best wedding cakes I've tasted. I've been to several weddings where the brides said they were having these amazing cakes, and they were pretty gross/bad. Cake matters a lot to me, since I do so much baking and was/am a cake decorator.
Then Sunday we just visited with some family and friends. My aunt doesn't allow smoking in her house, so even though it was a little drab and dreary, we let Logan go outside when some adults were outside smoking. He managed to fall off/knock over on himself a very heavy outdoor bench. He cried, but seemed okay afterward. Well the next day he was walking funny. I took him to the urgent care/hospital as soon as we got home Monday night, they did X-rays, and said it looks okay, but if he was still walking funny in a week to take him to his primary care doctor. Well, he's still walking funny, and now isn't walking flat-footed, only on his tiptoes. So I think we will be making a phone call to the doctor on Monday morning. Never a dull moment-I tell ya!!

Dinner tonight is just a simple pot of italian sausage meat sauce, and I have a pot of hot water on. Whenever my mom comes home from the hospital I will throw the pasta in. We figured this was an easy meal that could just sit on the stove to cook until whenever we were ready to eat. Both kids are currently napping (yes! at the same time!!) which has given me a nice break to catch my breath and get a few things done. I wasn't sure I was going to get that lucky though, since Logan didn't sleep well last night, got up early this morning, and fell asleep in his playroom early this afternoon!! He didn't sleep long, but I thought "oh crap,  if he slept in the playroom, will he still take a real nap in his crib later?!" Well, he went down late, but it seems to have worked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment