Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

I have so much to post about, but I'm not sure I even have the time or the energy. I've been hoping to be able to update more from my Kindle, but honestly the keyboard and autocorrections on it can be a little weird, especially if you're a fast typer.
We had our re-evaluation with Meredith's Help Me Grow coordinator last week, and she definitely still qualifies for their assistance. They help advise and direct you in you have children who are at-risk basically (easiest way to explain it). She has a very significant speech delay, more so even than Logan's was. And there was some concern over her fine motor skills also (this is new).
She may end up qualifying to go to the Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities building, the Achievement Center for some help. She would have to be tested by them I think and qualify to their levels, and she'd get assistance their, classes a couple times a week I think, all at no cost. If she doesn't qualify we have to look into a nearby speech therapy place for those concerns. If she can get in at the MCAC she would get services in all areas she needs right from them, which would be wonderful. Plus interaction with other children her age as well. I have a follow-up with our HMG coordinator tomorrow, to review our family plan and I guess see where we are at in all of this, and if I have to contact the MCAC, or if I'm waiting to hear from them. The whole thing is very stressful, but the waiting sucks. Meredith has also been SO bad lately. I'm not exaggerating. She's really bad. Throwing, getting pissed and yelling when she doesn't get her way, and she is a terrible climber. I don't know what to do with her most days. She needs someone constantly keeping an eye on her. She climbs on the bricks by the fireplace, the couch now, tables and endtables....She's going to end up getting seriously hurt! She is frustrating me to no end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment