Saturday, September 22, 2012

New food menu and recipes!!

So I'm back, as I said in my last post. Or at least hope to be.
I was a little busy, and a little lazy for a couple weeks, but we're slowly getting back on track.

My mom seems suddenly excited to work on some new recipes, so that will definitely help me out with dinners!! I had previously made a two-month long menu for May/June, and then again for July/August.
We were leaving to go out of town in the first week in September, and I never bothered writing up a new menu.
Well when my mom went out to help take care of my grandma, she had been looking up recipes and such to try. My grandma is on an oxygen tank 24/7 right now, and between that and her other physical limitations she wasn't able to cook. Pretty much at all. No oven, no stove, no toaster oven.
So she was basically limited to an electric kettle, microwave, and I think MAYBE she could use a regular toaster.
My mom and I had already been making and prepping a lot of things and vacuum food sealing them here at home, with our FoodSaver, to get ready for winter and busy days. We got tons of fresh veggies from the Farmer's Market at super cheap prices, and prepared them accordingly and sealed them up for winter meals.
We even prepared eggplant parm, and meatballs, all ready to be popped in the oven for a lazy/busy night meal. So anyway, my mom was attempting to do the same for my grandma. Looking to find recipes she could prepare, that might freeze well, for her to just later microwave and eat. She came across quite a few good-looking recipes, and a lot of crockpot recipes also. (Not to mention I may or may not have.....um....over 500 recipes pinned on Pinterest :-X  )
So we've been mixing it up with a blend of old and new recipes, and trying to keep a nice variation on pasta/beef/chicken/pork/etc recipes.
This week was:

Monday 9/17- Ground beef with brown gravy over egg noodles (Not new-this is an old family recipe)
Tuesday 9/18- Eggplant parm with ravioli and sauce
Wednesday 9/19- We did a freezer cleanout. All open bags of stuff got cooked up for a hodge podge for dinner.
Thursday 9/20- Slow Cooked Turkey dinner with carrots and red potatoes, stuffing, egg noodles. (The Turkey was a new recipe courtesy of Progresso's website. We switched out cream of mushroom soup for a cream of chicken, and with a little salt and pepper it was very good.)
Friday 9/21- London Broil with an onion/mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans (Not new, another old family recipe)

Now tonight is another new crockpot recipe. It's a Garlic Pork Roast. Not sure what we are having with it yet (I'm supposed to be figuring that out right now.)

To finish out the rest of the month, we tentatively have:

Sunday 9/23- Braised Beef Ragu over fresh fettuccine (new recipe I found earlier this summer, very good)
Monday 9/24- Crispy Chicken with creamy italian sauce over bowtie pasta (new recipe I found earlier this summer, also very good)
Tuesday 9/25- Lasagna
Wednesday 9/26- Chicken Parm with pasta
Thursday 9/27- New recipe- Slow cooker pepper steak
Friday 9/28- Stuffed Pork Chops
Saturday 9/29- Roast Beef
Sunday 9/30- Beef Tacos and Chicken Fajitas


My mom made this menu :-)
Which was good, because I really couldn't decide what we should make!!
I better get started on October's menu now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment