Monday, October 10, 2011

10/10/11

Yay! Second post in one day!
Although I still can't remember most of what I'd been thinking about blogging about these past few weeks.
I've been slacking a little bit in the past few weeks on making a homemade dinner each night. Due partly because we are getting low on meat. We have one of those vacuum food sealers, so we buy a lot of things in bulk and then repackage it and freeze it. We did a huge shopping trip back in lie April or May and bought some meat by the case at Sam's Club. If you buy it by the case they give you an even deeper discounted price. So we had bought a case of ground beef, and a case of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. We stIll have quite a bit of ground beef, but we are the very last few packages of our chicken. We are also just about out of pork (chops, roasts, etc). So that is making planning dinners a little bit harder as well. I've been trying to do a lot more with the ground beef since we still have so much of it, but we have some picky eaters and any recipes I find never seem to work. I found a recipe online and made Swedish meatballs for the first time yesterday. I served them over egg noodles, with corn and green beans the side. Myself and my hubby liked it, Logan ate his noodles and gravy, but not much of his meatball. My dad thought it was okay, but my mom didn't really care for the gravy. Tonight I'm making just regular old fashioned spaghetti and meatballs with red sauce. So it's meatballs 2 nights in a row, but totally different recipes. Hopefully I can get a couple hundred dollars extra and head back over to Sam's Club and get more chicken and maybe more pork too. It was great to not have to worry about buying meat for the last 6 or so months!!
Anyway, what else is going on. We have Logan's halloween costume, and Meredith's is being shipped. Logan is going to be Buzz Lightyear. He is really into Toy Story right now. We had bought a portable DVD player, and brought it with us on our trip to NJ last month for the car. For the first time he really sat and watched entire movies. And for Meredith, my mom found a cute flower costume online "baby blossom" it's called. Hopefully it looks cute on her.
Logan is starting to talk a lot more, but is definitely not where I want him to be. His doctor wasn't concerned at his 2 year checkup in July, but most of the other moms I know that have kids his age or younger or saying a lot more words and talking a lot more clearly. I had the pediatrician give me some information on a speech therapist just in case. I have decided if he isn't really talking more and better by January (when he'll be 2 1/2), then I will see about scheduling an appointment with someone. I don't want to be one of those pushy and overly worried parents, but i don't want to be overlooking anything that might be holding him back. I do find myself getting a little embarrassed sometimes at his lack of speech. I don't want other parents thinking I'm babying him or not doing a good job parenting.

1 comment:

  1. Meatloaf (my kids both love it), lasagna, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chili, hamburgers of course, sloppy joes...ok thats all I can think of right now for ground beef, lol.

    ReplyDelete